Named after the ancient Babylonian king - two-thirds god and one-third human - this restaurant combines Eastern gastronomy with impressive design. A traditional tearoom, fully retractable ceiling and lapis stone bar are just some of the distinctive features.
- Opened: 12 June
- General manager: Lino Posadas
- Capacity: 150
- Head chef: Ian Pengelley
- Food: The open kitchen serves pan-Asian dishes, including Alaskan king crab hand rolls, baked silver cod in hoba leaf and turmeric caramel, and chocolate bento boxes. Sushi chefs fill one end of the bar, while a sake sommelier advises on the 30 different varieties.
- Average spend: day £15, evening £45
- Address: Camden View, Camden Stables Market, Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8AH
- Telephone: 020 7482 5757
- See a map of Gilgamesh, London here