The professional chef mentors have been enlisted to help York College - one of the five college teams competing - prepare to serve 100 covers at the BBC Summer Good Food Show in June.
Two other head chefs from Murchison and Horridge's 10 in 8 Fine Dining Group - Paris House's Phil Fanning and Will Holland of La Bécasse - are also among the mentors
The confirmed list of chefs and the team they will support is:
- Phil Fanning (head chef of Paris House) - West Anglia College
- Simon Hulstone (head chef of The Elephant) - Petroc (North Devon) College
- Andreas Antona (owner and chef of Simpsons Restaurant) - Birmingham College
- Will Holland (head chef of La Bécasse) - Warrington College
- Alan Murchison /Chris Horridge (10 in 8 Fine Dining Group) - York College
Neil Stephens, managing director at Nestlé Professional, said: "To gather together such a superior mentoring panel is testament to the success of the Nestlé Toque d'Or competition and with this year's high calibre mentors now on board we are looking to the students to make the ‘21st Birthday Year' the best cook off yet."
Seats at the Grand Final can be booked at www.bbcgoodfoodshowsummer.com.
By Janie Stamford
E-mail your comments to Janie Stamford here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs