Summer Isles hotel in Achiltibuie, Ross Shire, has been named Scottish Hotel of the Year.
It was one of 21 winners named at the Scottish Hotels of the Year Awards held at the Radisson SAS in Glasgow on Sunday night (23 April).
Norman Springford from Apex Hotels won Scottish Hotelier of the Year and Costley & Costley Hoteliers championed in the Scottish Hotel Group of the Year category.
The awards, organised by hotelreviewscotland.com, covered every section of the hotel business with awards for design, housekeeping, dining, innovation and management.
Over 25,000 votes were received during the online voting and the final decisions were made by a panel of 16 judges including Marco Truffelli, CEO of visitscotland.com, and David Young, former chief hotels inspector of the AA.
Hotel Chef of the Year was awarded to Kevin MacGillivray at Ballathie House Hotel, Perthshire, whilst the Michael Caines restaurant at Abode Glasgow was named Hotel Restaurant of the Year.
Philip Mahoney from the Radisson SAS Glasgow hotel was awarded Hotel Manager of the Year.
Other award winners include:
- MacDonald Pittodrie House - Country House Hotel of the Year
- Kohler Waters Spa
- Inverlochy Castle - Luxury Hotel of the Year
- Peebles Hotel Hydro - Family Hotel of the Year
- Balbirnie House Hotel - Wedding Hotel of the Year
- Hilton Glasgow - Business Hotel of the Year
- Rocpool Reserve - Boutique Hotel of the Year
- Kinloch House Hotel - Country Sports Hotel of the Year
- St Andrews Bay, Golf Resort and Spa - Golf Resort of the Year
- Highland Cottage - Island Hotel of the Year
- Glenapp Castle - Castle Hotel of the Year
- Ardanaiseig - - Romantic Hotel of the Year
- Malmaison Glasgow - Sexiest Hotel of the Year
- Le Monde - Hotel Design Award
- Balinakill House - Hotel Green Award
By Alix Young