Situated on the northern tip of Penang Island, this resort has reopened following a £14m redevelopment and now features a spa village including private gardens, a yoga studio and 11 villas and suites.
- Opened: 28 September
- Owner: Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- General manager: Arbind K Shrestha
- Bedrooms: 304
- Facilities: three restaurants combining Asian and European foods; health club with gym, sauna and Jacuzzi, and sporting facilities including golf course and tennis courts. Business facilities include conference space for up to 700 delegates.
- Prices: from US$222 (£117)
- Address: Batu Feringgi Beach, 11100 Penang, Malaysia
- Telephone: 00 60 4 888 8888
- Website: www.shangri-la.com