London's Sanderson hotel has been voted the hippest hotel in Europe by travel booking website TripAdvisor.
The property was hailed as a "surrealistic sanctuary" and praised for its interiors comprising a lips-shaped couch and silver swan stairs, as well as suspended bubble chairs, serene paintings on the ceiling and glass-walled bathrooms.
Claris hotel in Barcelona was named the second hippest hotel in Europe, with Dublin's Morrison hotel coming third.
Globally the Sanderson came in second place after Hotel Gansevoort in New York, which was crowned hippest hotel in the world.
The Gansevoort's breathtaking views from its roof garden and pool emitting soothing underwater tunes made it the most popular among TripAdvisor travellers.
The 10 hippest hotels in the world are:
1. Hotel Gansevoort, New York
2. Sanderson hotel, London
3. THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada
4. Hotel St Paul, Montreal, Canada
5. Claris hotel, Barcelona, Spain
6. Clift hotel, San Francisco, California
7. The Setai, Miami, Florida
8. Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast, Australia
9. Morrison hotel, Dublin, Ireland
10. Sezz hotel, Paris, France
By Kerstin Kühn
E-mail your comments to Kerstin Kühn here.