Get your team ready for reopening with The Caterer's allergen webinar
The Caterer's Allergens Spring Summit will take place as a webinar next month and will equip hospitality professionals with the knowledge, best practice and skills to keep customers and staff safe and informed.
Confirmed speakers, for the webinar, which takes place on Tuesday 12 May from 1-4pm, include leading allergen experts Dr Robert Boyle and Julian Edwards who will speak about the future of allergens, key risks and responsibilities, and creating an allergens culture in your business.
Meanwhile, Jamie Cartwright, partner at Charles Russell Speechlys, will give an insight into where operators are currently getting it right and what you can learn from businesses that have fallen short. And allergens sufferer Ruth Holroyd will speak about her experiences of living with multiple allergies and explain what actions can be taken to help those with allergies have a relaxed and enjoyable experience when dining outside of home.
Dominic Teague, executive chef, One Aldwych will also speak about turning the hotel's Indigo restaurant gluten and dairy free. He will be joined on an operator panel by Chris Moore, food safety director, Compass Group UK & Ireland who will discuss how the caterer keeps its customers safe across multiple sites.
Delivered in partnership with Bidfood and Access, tickets for operators are £175 plus VAT, while tickets for suppliers are £295 plus VAT and can be booked here.
Chris Gamm, editor of The Caterer, said: "Despite the unprecedented events taking place around us and the changes the industry will need to conform to, one thing will remain clear: the importance of keeping customers and staff safe around allergens."
Topics covered on the day include:
• Why are food allergies increasing globally, what to expect in the years ahead and how to plan a strategy that keeps your customers and staff safe
• Your responsibilities, including what you are required to provide by law and how this might change
• Allergen Accreditation's Julian Edwards on how to create an allergens culture in your business
• Signposting, discussion or full labelling: what are the best ways to communicate with your customers?
• How can you effectively train your staff to be allergen aware and protect your customers and reputation?
• Allergen experts from the UK's leading operators share their best practice, top tips and lessons learned
Find out more about The Caterer's Allergens Spring Summit webinar here.