A clean environment is of the utmost importance to hospitality guests, a fact borne out time and time again by research.
Immaculate soft bed linen and towels in guests' rooms and dazzling white tablecloths in the dining room all contribute to the guest experience and have a bearing on each guest's perception of the establishment and whether they will return in future.
A recent survey by instant feedback company Fizzback, found that one-third of complaints about a room pertained to its cleanliness and nearly one-third of all positive feedback was praise for how clean rooms were, with guests especially valuing a clean bathroom.
Buy It! has teamed up with P&G Professional, which recently launched its new Expert Formula range of laundry detergents for the hospitality industry, to offer readers the chance to win £1,500 of linen for bedrooms, bathrooms or tables, and £500 of the Expert Formula laundry detergent suitable for their establishment.
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the question below correctly will win this amazing prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by 15 September.
Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address, and contact telephone number, plus establishment type (restaurant/hotel/B&B/care home) and size (number of covers or bedrooms).
Send entries to P&G Professional Linen Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
In which room do hotel guests particularly value high standards of cleanliness?
c) Dining room
The winner will receive Richard Haworth linen goods to suit their establishment's particular requirements, be it for bedrooms, bathrooms or dining tables. The company supplies the Visa range of tablecloths and is also the sole UK supplier of the revolutionary Signature fabric, which combines specially designed fibres with new Softouch technology finishing, giving a "cotton soft" feel.
Bedlinen textiles and patterns range from contemporary designs to practical, bold colours and there's a large selection of towels and towelling accessories across a range of qualities and designs to suit every use, from cloakrooms to hotel bathrooms and health spas.
Ariel Expert Formula has been designed with the hotelier in mind, to be tough on greasy penetrating marks and to give excellent results with sheets and towels, table linen, uniforms and kitchen cloths.
Bold Expert Formula is designed for B&Bs and guesthouses, for immaculate soft bed linen and towels and with a light perfume for a long-lasting impression of freshness.
Daz Expert Formula is designed to tackle the toughest marks and food stains to ensure that restaurantsÁ¢ÂÂ white tablecloths remain white. It can also be used for chefsÁ¢ÂÂ uniforms and kitchen cloths.
Ariel Hygiene Expert Formula has been specifically designed for care home laundries, as it tackles difficult stains and kills 99.999% of bacteria, including MRSA and Influenza A, at just 40ÁÂ°C.
- For further information on the Expert Formula range of laundry detergents call P&G Professional on freephone 0800 716 854.
For further information on Richard Haworth linen call 01204 702 300 or visitÁ the company website here >>
*AND LAST MONTHÁ¢ÂÂS WINNER ISÁ¢ÂÂ¦
The winner of the MeyerÁ cookware competition in the 26 July issue of Buy It!* is Leon Whitehead, head chefÁ of the Merewood Country House hotel, Windermere.
Terms and conditions**
- This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or P&G Professional.
- We reserve the right to change the prize without notice, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisherÁ¢ÂÂs decision is final.
- Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services, including our sponsor, P&G Professional. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices, please visitÁ our data protection page hereÁ or write to us at: RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
- The winnerÁ¢ÂÂs name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.