Prep time 20mins Cooking time 1 hour
- Add the diced ham and the chopped parsley if using. Season with pepper and remove from the stove. Thinly slice your peeled potatoes.
- Place the Kerrymaid Original and sliced garlic into a saucepan and bring to just below the boil, season to taste.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the cream mix into a 30cm x 20cm buttered baking dish.
- Arrange a layer of the sliced potatoes, followed by the onion, ham and parsley mix, then a couple of tablespoons of Kerrymaid Grated.
- Season with pepper before adding another layer of potatoes, more cream and more onion, ham and parsley and Kerrymaid Grated. Continue until you have used up all your ingredients.
- Cover with kitchen foil and place into a preheated oven (180oC (350oF/Gas 4) for 25 minutes before removing the foil and cooking for another 30 minutes.
25g Kerrymaid Original, plus extra for greasing
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, peeled and diced
250g cooked ham, cut into 1cm pieces
2 tablespoons fresh or frozen chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1.5kg potatoes (waxy ones are best)
250ml Kerrymaid Single
2 cloves garlic, sliced
100g Kerrymaid White Grated