Two arrested after takeaway allergy death

09 January 2017 by
Two arrested after takeaway allergy death

Two men have been arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter by gross negligence after a 15-year-old girl died from an apparent allergic reaction to a takeaway meal.

Megan Lee, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, died on 1 January, two days after she was admitted to hospital, according to the BBC.

The men, both staff at an unidentified Indian takeaway, are being held, according to Lancashire Police.

A police and trading standards investigation is continuing.

The arrested men, aged 37 and 38 are from Rossendale and Blackburn respectively.

A post-mortem examination has been carried out but police said the full results would not be known "for some time".

Going gluten-free: how Mitch Tonks changed his menus >>

Allergens: do you know your ingredients? >>

Restaurant owner found guilty of manslaughter following peanut allergy death >>

Latest video from The Caterer

Are you looking for a new role? See all the current hospitality vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking