The team behind Brecon's Felin Fach Griffin, former AA restaurant of the year for Wales, has revitalised this old roadside inn. The dining pub with rooms limits wine mark-ups to £10 a bottle and there's nothing at more than £20.
- Opened: 1 April
- Owner: Charles and Edmund Inkin
- Head chef: Matt Williamson, formerly head chef at the Lansdowne in Primrose Hill
- Food: Starters include confit of tuna with fennel salad and tomato dressing, while evening main courses feature grilled mackerel, purple-sprouting broccoli, anchovy and rosemary butter and new potatoes or roast brill with carrot purée and sauce bordelaise.
- Prices: starters £5-£8, mains £9-£15
- Rooms: singles £45-£50, doubles £72.50-£82.50.
- Address: Treen, Zennor, Cornwall TR26 3DE
- Telephone: 01736 796928
- See a map of (restaurant name) here