19 April 2010 @ The Ledbury
If there is one chef in London who has got this year off to a cracking start, it's Brett Graham.
Graham dominated the headlines in January when his restaurant was promoted to the elusive band of two Michelin stars. While this in itself is a remarkable feat - the Ledbury is now one of only 14 restaurants in Britain and Ireland to hold the accolade - the 30-year-old chef also saw his first pub venture, the Harwood Arms, which he opened with chef Mike Robinson and publican Edwin Vaux in late 2008, awarded a star.
https://cms.thecaterer.com/app/uploads/easid-24967" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">TO BOOK YOUR PLACE AT CHEF EATS OUT DOWNLOAD THE BOOKING FORM HERE >>
While the Ledbury, where Graham cooks, saw tremendous growth in 2009, unsurprisingly the Notting Hill-based restaurant has seen demand for tables grow even more since the publication of the little red book.
"We never sat down and made it our goal to get a second star," Graham told Caterer last month. "All we wanted to do last year was to improve the restaurant and the service we give to our customers to strengthen the business overall. We knew 2009 was going to be a tough year so we really focused and in the end it was our strongest year by a long shot. "
To celebrate the Ledbury's achievements, Caterer has linked up with Graham to host a rare, private lunch for 60 of our readers on Monday, 19 April. The event will begin at 12.15pm with a drinks reception, followed by lunch at 12.45pm. After lunch, Graham, who says he is "eager to share his knowledge with chefs who are keen to learn", will be on hand to chat to guests and those that wish to see the kitchen will be given a tour.
Graham has come up with a six-course menu featuring some dishes from his tasting menu, including a ceviche of hand-dived scallops with seaweed and herb oil, kohlrabi and frozen horseradish and loin of lamb roasted in balsamic with crushed and smoked artichokes, green tomato juice and wild garlic.
If you would like to reserve a place at this unique event, please send a cheque for £65 per person made payable to the Ledbury with the completed form opposite.
- Ceviche of hand-dived scallops with seaweed and herb oil, kohlrabi and frozen horseradish
- Salad of spring vegetables with Parmesan, walnut oil and a warm pheasant egg
- Roast sea bass with grilled leeks, hand-rolled macaroni and truffle purée
- Loin of lamb roasted in balsamic with crushed and smoked artichokes, green tomato juice and wild garlic
- Sauternes custard with passion fruit
- Pave of chocolate with chicory and pumpkin seed ice-cream
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE AT CHEF EATS OUT DOWNLOAD THE BOOKING FORM HERE >>
* Please note that bookings will only be accepted via the booking form - no booking will be accepted via e-mail or phone.