The more relaxed sister restaurant of the fine-dining Black Door restaurant has opened in the Biscuit Factory, Britain's biggest art store. Surrounded by prints, photos, drawings, sculptures and photography, this modern brasserie offers fresh, locally sourced food.
- Opened: 2 May
- Owners: David Kennedy and David Ladd
- Capacity: 100
- Head chef: Michael Waugh
- Food: Focus on fresh, local produce, with starters including beignets salt cod with tomato confit, olive oil and crisp sage, and terrine of slow-cooked duck, garlic sausage and fine beans. Mains include braised rare-breed pork, white beans and fondant potatoes, and skate wings, fennel and onion stew, thyme and black olives.
- Prices: starters about £7, mains about £14
- Address: Biscuit Factory, Stoddart Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1AN
- Telephone: 0191-260 5411
- See a map of Brasserie Black Door here