Channel 4 chairman Luke Johnson unveils the successor to the Atlantic Bar & Grill amid much media hoopla and the Celebrity Big Brother lot in tow. The Astor's culinary fare will focus on its 35-day hung Scotch beef.
- Opened: 3 February
- Owners: Luke Johnson, Gary Ashworth, Simon Wright
- Head chef: Philip Cooper
- Operations manager: Sarah Coyle
- Capacity: 200; private dining 80
- Food: Share the côte de boeuf rôtie à la moelle, or try the roast Lancashire duck with brown shrimps followed by decadent-sounding iced soup of bitter chocolate with floating islands and anis ice-cream.
- Prices: Cocktails from £7.50. Starters £6.95-£12.50, grill £14.50-£42.50, mains £17-£21, desserts £8
- Address: 20 Glasshouse Street, London W1B 5DJ
- Telephone: 020 7734 4888