The Caterer's People Summit 2021 will focus on all the lessons the industry has absorbed during the last year, with the agenda to cover subjects including wellbeing, recognising and rewarding talent, innovation, flexibility and a more collaborative working environment.
Experts, inspirational employers and employees from all sectors of the industry will come together at the free webinar on 18 May, sharing stories, experience and best practice advice.
The event will also celebrate the Best Places to Work in Hospitality awards, organised in association with talent specialists Purple Cubed and sponsored by Umbrella Training.
Sponsored by Compass Group UK and Ireland and Caterer.com, topics to be covered at the People Summit 2021 will include:
- Future consumer behaviours around eating and staying out in 2021/22
- Growing the UK talent pool, with a session on students, apprentices and work placements and advice on the apprenticeship levy
- Breaking with tradition and the new normal – what has the industry learned from Covid restrictions and lockdowns? How can new practices be implemented in day-to-day operations?
- An ‘ask the experts session' around the new HR protocols post-Brexit and Covid-19
- The psychological pandemic: returning to the workplace, wellbeing and happiness
- Box ticking or real change: a panel on diversity and inclusion
- The top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2021 revealed.
The Caterer managing editor Lisa Jenkins said: "The 2021 People Summit agenda is full of topical subjects for discussion and debate, whether that's more flexible working hours, a more rounded approach to an individual's needs or promoting a workforce that better reflects the industry's intake of a diverse workforce in leadership roles.
"In partnership with Compass Group UK&I and Caterer.com, and with a fantastic line up of panelists, speakers and presenters, this is a must-attend event for hospitality HR professionals and any leader who wants to harness the power of their people."
Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2021
There is still time to enter the Best Places to Work in Hospitality. Run in partnership with Purple Cubed and sponsored by Umbrella Training, the awards shine a spotlight on those who demonstrate exceptional skill at employee engagement and empower their staff.
Entries close on 16 April and all employee surveys must be completed by 30 April for businesses to be considered for the top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality, which will be revealed at the People Summit.
Those entering will benefit from the insight from our unique employee report, with the six highest achievers shortlisted for the Best Employer Catey 2021.