Six of the most recent hotel launches have made it on to the shortlist of the Outstanding New Hotel of the Year.
The winning property will be announced on 21 October, following the first day of the Independent Hotel Show at London's Olympia.
The short-list is made up of independent and boutique hotels which have shown overall excellence, demonstrated risk taking and seized opportunities to drive their business and support the industry. They include:
• Chiltern Firehouse, London (pictured)
• Ham Yard, London
• The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland, Durham
• No 131, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
• The Pig on the Beach, Studland, Dorset
• The Wild Rabbit, Kingham, Oxfordshire
Meanwhile, the shortlist for the Independent Hotelier of the Year has also been announced. The award intends to recognise an individual who has consistently helped push boundaries within the independent, luxury and boutique hotel sector, as well as be committed to the development of their team, the success of their establishment and the industry at large. The shortlisted personalities includes:
• Craig Bancroft and Nigel Haworth, Northcote Manor, Blackburn, Lancashire
• Kit and Tim Kemp,(Firmdale Hotels)
• Mark Sainsbury, Michael Benyan and Jason Catifeoglou, Zetter Townhouse, London
• David Levin, the Capital Hotel, London
• Tim Hart, Hambleton Hall, Oakham, Rutland
• Ian Schrager, Ian Schrager Company
Votes for both awards can be cast by visiting the website www.independenthotelshow.co.uk/awards.