This week's openings include the redesigned Royal Lancaster London, Arthur's, Cookhouse and Pub, La Tagliata, Pizza Pilgrims Oxford, Store Street, and Woody Bear
The Royal Lancaster London
The Royal Lancaster London hotel has unveiled its new design following an £80m renovation. The 18-storey hotel overlooking Hyde Park has been completely transformed, both internally and externally, and it has reinstated its original name.
The entire frontage of the hotel has been remodelled and the exterior now features an eight-metre-high glazed facade. The showpiece of the lobby is a sweeping staircase made of 300 sq m of white Carrara marble, which wraps around to the first floor. The redesign encompasses the complete refurbishment of all guestrooms and suites.
The first stage of the refurbishment commenced in 2015 with the redesign of the hotel's Nipa Thai restaurant, and will finish in May 2018 after a soft redesign of the Lounge Bar and the Park Room on the first floor.
- Relaunched 8 November
- Bedrooms 411
- General manager Sally Beck
- Owner Khun Jatuporn Sihanatkathakul
- Design Studio Proof
- Starting room rate £219
- Website www.royallancaster.com
Liberty London's new restaurant, Arthur's, has opened in partnership with catering company Levy Restaurants UK. The menu features artisanal produce from the Regent Street store's mini British food hall and dishes inspired by founder Arthur Liberty.
- Operator Levy Restaurants UK
- Design Nick Leith-Smith Architecture and Design
- Typical dishes Beetroot, cured salmon and avocado sandwiches; and sumac chicken salad
- Website www.libertylondon.com
Cookhouse and Pub
Hospitality operator Whitbread has launched its newest brand, Cookhouse and Pub, alongside the Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury. The new site is an informal, all-day casual restaurant with the relaxed vibe and affordability of a pub, featuring a 41-cover bar and a large open kitchen.
- Covers 237
- Operator Whitbread
- Design JMDA
- Website www.cookhouseandpub.co.uk
La Tagliata, the second restaurant from Carlo Palumbo and Lorenzo Boldi, has opened in London's Fitzrovia. Named after the Tuscan beef dish, La Tagliata is a classic Italian restaurant with a wine bar next door, serving its namesake as well as a choice of pastas.
- Owners Carlo Palumbo and Lorenzo Boldi
- Head chef Antonio Tonelli
- Covers Restaurant: 60; wine bar: 25; private dining: 45
- Website www.la-tagliata.com
Pizza Pilgrims Oxford
Pizza Pilgrims has opened its latest pizzeria in Oxford's Westgate shopping centre. The site will offer a ‘Parmesan photo booth' and serve the brand's signature Neapolitan pizzas, with toppings including Fior Di Latte mozzarella, Portobello mushroom, truffle and n'duja, and an ‘Oxford special', created
using locally sourced ingredients.
- Covers 180
- Founders Thom and James Elliott
- Website www.pizzapilgrims.co.uk
Store Street Exchange and Store Street Craft Bar have opened at the DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester. The restaurant has its own outdoor terrace, while the bar is a standalone drinks venue with a focus on cocktails and Manchester's craft beers.
- Operator Valor Hospitality Europe
- Typical dishes Goosnargh corn-fed chicken; and potato gnocchi with wild mushrooms, baby spinach, garlic and Parmesan
- Website www.storestreetmanchester.co.uk
Raclette wheels and tea-cup fairground booths have arrived on the rooftop at
535 Oxford Street in the form of winter pop-up Woody Bear. The decor is inspired
by an abandoned fairground and will feature carnival lights and repurposed fairground ride booths, with blankets and heaters to keep guests warm.
- Covers 100
- Design DENLDN
- Website www.woodybear.london