The Gun Lodge hotel in the Inverness-shire village of Ardesier on Moray Firth has changed hands.
It is near Fort George, which was completed in 1769 and now serves as an army barracks and as a tourist attraction that draws in 60,000 visitors a year.
The hotel was built near Inverness to provide accommodation for officers - and their horses - until it became the Gun Lodge hotel in 1969.
The 13-bedroom property incorporates a 35-seat lounge bar, a 26-seat public bar, and a 70-seat restaurant that doubles as a function room.
A separate cottage with a double en-suite bedroom and a living room provides accommodation for the owners.
The property also has a number of outlbuildings that are suitable for conversion, for instance into three self-catering units.
The Edinburgh office of Christie & Co sold the freehold on the hotel off a guide price of £350,000 on behalf of Andrew Wilson and Elaine Parkinson.