Set on the Somerleyton estate, this nine-bedroom hotel and brasserie has just undergone extensive refurbishment. It backs on to Fritton lake and is near to woodlands, a nine-hole pitch-and-putt golf course, water-based activities and children's activities, including pony-riding and adventure playground.
- Opened: 1 May
- Owner: Hugh Crossley
- Capacity: 70-plus summer dining
- Head chef: Alan Leech
- Food: Brasserie menu includes giant king prawns with seared scallops, chicory leaves, vanilla and orange reduction; confit of duck leg with bubble and squeak cake, glazed carrots, star anise and ginger sauce and poppy seed and cinnamon parfait with poached pear.
- Typical spend: £30-£35, including drinks
- Address: Church Lane, Fritton, Norfolk NR31 9HA
- Telephone: 01493 484008
- See a map of Fritton House hotel here