Architect Ron Arad has used alternative materials, bright colours and unusual shapes to create a futuristic experience in this hotel. Giant pinball flipper doors greet guests at the entrance and the original façade has been wrapped in a bronze "skin".
- Opened: 1 June
- Owner: PierPaulo Bernardini
- General manager: Marianna Chiaraluce
- Rooms: 34 rooms, nine suites. All rooms have wet-room pods equipped with Alessi loos, bidets and illuminating showers. Confident guests will appreciate an oversized round window between the bathroom and bedroom, although there is a blind. Three suites have outdoor Jacuzzis. The bar and club features one wall of retractable glass.
- Prices: Single, €198 (£135); double, ¤264 (£180)
- Address: Via G Bruno 28, 47900 Rimini, Italy
- Telephone: 00800 3746 8357 (Design Hotels)