Corfu hotel gets it licence revoked after deaths

01 November 2006
Corfu hotel gets it licence revoked after deaths

The Corfu hotel where two holidaying children died of carbon monoxide (CO) gas poisoning has had its licence to trade suspended.

The two children died and their father and partner remain in hospital after a suspected CO leak in the family's rented apartment.

The Greek tourism minister, Fanni Palli-Petralia, has now ordered the local authorities to suspend the licence of the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, pending the outcome of the official investigation into the deaths.

If the hotel is found to be responsible the licence will be revoked permanently. Palli-Petralia said: "We will not put up with incidents that blacken the image of Greece's tourism industry."

Gas and Electricity Hazards >>

Ventilation Issues >>

Early warning system >>

By Emily Manson

E-mail your comments to Emily Manson]( hotel gets its licence revoked after deaths) here.

Get your copy of Caterer and Hotelkeeper every week -

[Sudoku]( "A new puzzle every day!") Join the craze and play Sudoku online!
[Newswire For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our e-mail news alerts.
The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking