The Springboard Charity, which helps young, disadvantaged people gain jobs in the hospitality industry, is today launching a four-day auction in a bid to reach its £100,000 target for its forthcoming fund-raising trek to Nepal.
Lots include stays in the likes of Rocco Forte's Brown's hotel in London and the awarding-winning Vineyard near Newbury, Berkshire, alongside tickets in a corporate box at the O2 to see Justin Timberlake and four Premier tickets to Ascot Racecourse.
Money raised by the auction, which will end on Thursday 13 February, will go toward the total being raised by 22 trekkers who set off on 1 March 2014 for a five day trek in the Annapurna mountain range of Nepal, followed by a volunteering project over three days in a Kathmandu school.
START BIDDING NOW!
All the trekkers, who include Caterer and Hotelkeeper‘s hotel editor Janet Harmer, have pledged to each raise £3,500.
Anne Pierce, chief executive of Springboard, said treks are "a fantastic way" to raise significant funds
"They also challenge our own abilities to cope under testing mental and physical encounters, are thought provoking and widen horizons; as well as being a unique opportunity to develop relationships, cultivate teamwork and friendship in an unforgettable environment.
"Ultimately, we hope that they provide the opportunity for people to better understand the scope and value of the work that the charity does."
The 12 lots in the Springboard Nepal 2014 auction include:
1. - An hour's game for six people on the Official 2012 Olympic Final table at Bounce Table Tennis Club, London, including cocktails and a video highlights package.
2. - Premier admission tickets to Ascot Racecourse.
3. - Three-course meal plus wine for two people at Carluccio's
4. Two tickets for Justin Timberlake in Nestlé corporate box at the O2.
5. Two home game tickets for Manchester City, with four course pre-match meal in the Mancunian Suite, and half time and post match drinks.
6. - Champagne tea for two at the Landmark Hotel, London.
7. One night weekend stay for two at Rocco Forte's Brown's Hotel, London on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night with a bottle of Champagne on arrival and full English breakfast in the morning.
8. One night's accommodation for two, including five-course tasting dinner, and full English breakfast and a cellar tour at the Vineyard, Stockcross, near Newbury, Berkshire.
9. Two night stay for two people at the Cotswold House Hotel & Spa, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, inclusive of a three-course dinner on one evening with a bottle of house wine, full English breakfast and full use of the Spa facilities.
10. A weekend stay for two at De Vere Mottram Hall, Prestbury, Cheshire, including dinner, bed and breakfast on both nights (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun). Including two spa treatments.
11. One night for two people with full English breakfast at Summer Lodge Country House Hotel, Restaurant and Spa, Evershot, Dorset.
12. 1999 Manchester United shirt signed by Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville.
The auction will open at noon today. To bid for one of the above lots, visit:www.springboard.uk.net/To sponsor Janet Harmer, please go to:uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JanetHarmer
Caterer and Hotelkeeper hotels editor joins Springboard Charity trek in Nepal >>
Assistant manager at Oakman Inns & Restaurants joins Nepal Trek >>
The Caterer and Hotelkeeper interview - Anne Pierce >>