When you a go for a job interview, regardless of whether or not you think your sector is fairly informal, it's probably not worth taking the risk of turning up looking scruffy.
It may not be necessary to turn up wearing a really smart suit for all types of job in hospitality, but a little care over your appearance could still go a long way.
TIPS FOR MEN
1. If you do feel you need to wear a suit, wearing a conservative, dark-coloured suit is probably best.
2. If you think you should wear a tie, don't wear one with a comedy pattern. A plain pattern will do just fine.
3. Wear shoes that match your outfit and avoid trainers. Make sure the shoes are clean and polished and try not to jump in a muddy puddle on your way to interview.
4. Go easy on the aftershave - you don't want to overpower your interviewer.
5. If you think you need a haircut, get it cut.
6. Make sure you are clean-shaven or have trimmed your beard closely.
TIPS FOR WOMEN
1. Don't wear too short a skirt. Knee length or below is usually the required length.
2. Again, if wearing a suit, go for a conservative colour like blue, grey or black.
3. Don't use too much make-up or perfume.
4. Try and avoid outlandish shoes like stilettos or chunky platforms.
5. Jewellery should not be too obtrusive, try and keep it to a minimum.
6. Make sure your hair is clean, neat and tidy.
TIPS FOR BOTH SEXES
Clean fingernails, fresh breath and deodorant are all essential.