The British Culinary Federation (BCF) has revealed the names of the 14 finalists in its Young Chef of the Year competition for 2014.
The finalists are:
- Keiron Stevens, Michael Wignall at the Latymer, Penny Hill Park Hotel, Bagshot
- Leonidas Kattou, Simpson's restaurant, Birmingham
- Evan Burrows, House of Commons
- Andrew McKee, Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen
- Luke Miller, Elephant restaurant, Torquay
- Michael West, University College Birmingham
- Miranda Johnson, Restaurant Adam Handling at Caxton, St Ermin's Hotel, London
- Harvey Perttola, Opus restaurant, Birmingham
- Ray Steplin, Houses of Parliament
- Isaac Joyce, the Cross, Kenilworth
- Michael Jones, the Lowry Hotel, Manchester
- Connor Godfrey, Wilton's restaurant, London
- Joe Parsons, International Convention Centre, Birmingham
- Lawson McElligot, Elephant restaurant, Torquay
The final to determine the overall winner of the title will take place at University College Birmingham on 10 November.
The junior national team will be cooking dinner for around 80 guests on the evening, which will be their final run on the menu they will be working with in Luxembourg at the Culinary Olympics.