Situated at the heart of the home of golf, just yards from the 1st tee of the Old Course, the British Golf Museum opened in 1990 and has enjoyed twenty years of growing success, attracting over 50,000 worldwide visitors each year. The BGM has a reputation for excellence in its customer service, displays and interpretation, which has resulted in the award of five stars by Visit Scotland for nine years consecutively. We are open all year, apart from Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced catering operators who wish to bring their expertise to a unique location. We plan to develop a café facility which provides a complimentary offering to other available eateries in St Andrews. We are looking for a source of revenue, rather than a risk share and would anticipate a five year tender, renewable on the basis of performance.
In calling for Expressions of Interest, we are looking to secure a partnership with a developer who can assist in building the business case. We are open to ideas for attaining a mutually beneficial financial arrangement, one which demonstrates trust through a system of open book accounting. There may be a requirement for upfront investment from the successful catering provider.
- To provide museum and non-museum visitors with a first class catering experience in a relaxed and informal environment.
- To offer a distinctive range of food and beverages which sets us apart from other St Andrews eateries, both in the immediate vicinity and in the town centre.
- To deliver impeccable service and uphold the Museum's five star status and reputation.
- To understand the needs and wants of our clientele; to have the ability to encourage repeat visits and develop new user groups.
- To achieve joint financial success.
- To develop the use of the café space for museum functions, private parties and commercial hire.
- A commitment to staff training and good management support by the chosen caterer.
Should you wish to submit an Expression of Interest, the deadline is Friday 11 November. Your proposal should include the following:
- Your ideas relating to the food and beverage offering at the BGM, as well as management and staffing.
- A company profile of your own business, referencing any site(s) that you are responsible for in the museum or heritage sector and an indication of the success achieved.
In order to appreciate the offer and its future potential, you are encouraged to visit the Museum. A shortlist for the full bid process will be drawn up in December.
For further information, please contact Mrs Angela Howe, Museum & Heritage Director, Bruce Embankment, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AB; Tel: 01334 460062; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org