The British Culinary Federation has named the 16 semi-finalists for the Chef of the Year 2012 competition, sponsored by Aubrey Allen.
The semi final, which will be held at the University College Birmingham on Monday 23 January, will see the chefs cook three courses highlighting the best of british produce in a two hour cook-off. The starter will have to include fish, the main to include pork finishing with a dessert of their choice.
The sixteen will battle it out for one of 10 places at the final held on Monday 27 February at Hotelympia.
Judges for semi-final are Andreas Antona and Luke Tipping from Simpsons, Birmingham; Roger Narbett and Idris Caldora are also confirmed.
The 16 semi-finalists
- Edward Attwell, Love's Restaurant, Birmingham
- Michael Dipple, Cannizaro House, Wimbledon
- Sheldon Fonseca, The Dorchester, London
- Byron Franklin, Pembroke College, Cambridge
- Robert Kennedy, Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst
- Colin Layfield, Paramount Restaurant, London
- Carlos Martinez, Cliveden House, Taplow
- Daniel Morris, Oreston Manor Hotel, Maidencombe, Devon
- Allan Pickett, Plateau Restaurant, Canary Wharf, London
- Matthew Shropshall, University College Birmingham
- Adam Simmonds, Danesfield House Hotel, Marlow
- Adam Smith, The Ritz, London
- Raymond Thomson, Stirling Management Centre
- Dez Turland, Saunton Sands Hotel, Braunton, North Devon
- Michael Tweedie, Lucknam Park Hotel, Bath
- Simon Webb, Restaurant Associates, Merrill Lynch, London
By Katherine Alano
<span class=""noindex"">E-mail your comments to Katherine Alano here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.catererandhotelkeeper.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterer and Hotelkeeper jobs