The British Culinary Federation has named the 14 finalists in its Chef of the Year 2021 competition.
The final will take place on 18 October at University College Birmingham, followed by dinner and the awards ceremony.
Judges will include Brian Turner, Rachel Humphrey, Ashley Palmer-Watts, Sat Bains, Adam Smith and current BCF Chef of the Year Ian Musgrave (pictured).
The first prize will be £2,500 plus a trip to Ireland, thanks to sponsors Bord Bia and Aubrey Allen.
The finalists include:
- Matthew Ramsdale, Chester Grosvenor
- Harvey Perttola, Inverlochy Castle hotel, Fort William
- Matt Nicholls, Cheal's of Henley, Warwickshire
- Martin Hodgetts, University College Birmingham
- Mehdi Lahmadi, Coworth Park, Ascot, East Berkshire
- Leo Kattou, Simpsons restaurant, Birmingham
- Gary Kilminster, Essential Cuisine
- Conor Bird, House of Commons, London
- Robert Broome, North Hertfordshire College
- Cleverson Cordeiro, the Frog by Adam Handling, London
- Nathan Eades, the Wild Rabbit, Kingham, Oxfordshire
- Steven Snowdon, Tom Kerridge Group
- Luciano Lucioli, private chef
- Robert Marshall, Square Peg restaurant, Tunbridge Wells, Kent