The Rose & Crown village pub on Salisbury Plain has changed hands.
The Grade II-listed property is located in the High Street of the Wiltshire village of Tilshead on the A360 between Devizes and Salisbury.
It attracts custom from locals and tourists, as well as soldiers from the nearby British army camps.
The thatched stone building is believed to date back to 1794 and it has traded as a public house for more than 150 years.
Along with public and lounge bars, the Rose & Crown has a 28-seat restaurant, four-bedroom owners' accommodation, a trade garden and car parks.
New owner Malcolm Lewis is running the business under management with a full-time chef providing a wide range of freshly-made food.
The Bristol office of Christie + Co sold the freehold off an asking price of £395,000 on behalf of David Whitelaw.
By Angela Frewin